Last year, the University of Iowa Office of Student Employment and the UI Student Employed Professional program named the first-ever Student Supervisor of the Year.
The Division of Student Life employs over 2,500 students, and was honored to receive 14 nominations for the award -- the most of any organization at Iowa. Nominees were identified for characteristics that go above and beyond in supporting student success.
Division of Student Life nominees
- Shelley Allison, Iowa Memorial Union River Room
- Genea Bean, Office of the Vice President for Student Life
- Nathan Cox, Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Power Café
- Elizabeth Scovill, Iowa House
- Matt Stancel, Recreational Services
- Tyler Sullivan, Recreational Services
- Chanelle Thomas, Center for Student Involvement & Leadership
- Chuck Thomas, Recreational Services
- Anne Watson, University Catering
- Joseph Whitney, Recreational Services
Special recognition goes to the following Division of Student Life employees for their outstanding efforts:
Certificate of Appreciation
- Allison Hursh, Recreational Services
Certificate of Distinction
- Patrick Rossmann, University Housing & Dining
Supervisor of the Year Finalists
- Erin Fitzgerald, Student Life Marketing + Design
- Kelly Soukup, Center for Student Involvement & Leadership
Congratulations to all of our nominees for their dedication and time in fostering student success.
The Student Supervisor of the Year, Jessica Waldschmidt, is a program coordinator in the Honors Program, and was selected from among 59 supervisors nominated by 89 student employees.
Read more at Iowa Now